We women love handbags, or most of us do. I’m pretty sure it’s a fact that women can never have enough handbags. We just love handbags, literally. They make us feel fashionable whilst they’re practical for carrying our essentials around. Either a Chanel or a Rebecca Minkoff, a handbag is a handbag, and will always be warmly welcomed as an addition to our endless collection.
Some of them are really small, and some of them can be really spacey, but either way, we usually fill them with things we shouldn’t be filling them with. I mean, how many of us haven’t found old receipts or empty gum packs in most of the handbags we own? Or is it just me? Anyways, I came up with some essentials that are vital to carry around in your handbag so ladies, it’s time to clean up our handbags and fill them with things we actually need!
I recently got a new bag, this beauty which is from the brand Zara. It’s called citybag and it’s in the most gorgeous white shade ever! When I saw it online, I fell in love with it ’cause I think it’s a sophisticated and classy bag, but pretty cool at the same time. It has enough room for all my essentials and it’s truly easy to carry around, offering me two ways of doing it. Below I’m sharing with you the things that I have in my bag at the moment, but if you continue reading you will come across more essentials that you might want to consider having in your bag!
- A bottle of water. This is so important to carry with you all the time. It’s important to stay hydrated throughout the day, especially when it’s hot outside // therefore you might want to make sure you bring a bottle of water with you next time you’re going out!
- Tissues. They seem unnecessary, but they are more important than you might think. You never know when you’re going to need them, so a pack of tissues won’t harm anyone if you have them in your handbag.
- Makeup bag for touch-up. I’m not saying that you should take with you the entire makeup collection, but a powder for touching up your skin and a lipgloss to make your lips are shiny again are really nice to have throughout the day. Don’t forget to also bring a compact mirror in case you may need one!
- Notebook and pen. You never know when you’ll come up with an idea worth remembering, so you better have a notebook and pen to write it down. You could also write down on your phone, but personally some things I prefering writing down.
- Gum. This is so important, especially if you eat out and you want your breath to be fresh as a daisy. Bad breath can be such a turn off, so always have some breath mints or mint gum with you!
- Cash. Today most places give you the option to pay with card, but since not every place has that option for several reasons, I recommend having a few dollars thrown in the bag. It’s a great idea in case that will be the only possible way of paying.
- Charger. What is more irritating than having low battery on your phone? Luckily, today you can easily purchase a portable battery charger for just a few dollars. Next time when your battery is low, use your mini charger and voila, your phone is charging even when you are on the mountain.
- Headphones. They are always great to have in your handbag in case you might need them, especially if you’re travelling or waiting somewhere. You can download a great podcast on your phone or just listen to the latest hits.
- Sunscreen. Protecting your skin from the sun it’s really important, especially when summer is right around the corner. *just kidding* . Carrying a mini size or even a travel size of your favorite sunscreen product will make a huge difference and your skin will love you for that!
- Bobby pins. A woman can remember what someone said for six months ago, but she can’t remember where she put her bobby pins. Wherever they are, I hope they’re happy. Bobby pins are very handy, even if they are so easy to lose. Having a few in your handbag will save you when you most need it.
- Women stuff. You never know when your that of the month will hit you, so it’s a great idea to always have a tampon or two in your handbag, just to be sure and safe.
- A snack.. or two. Having a snack in your bag can be really nice, because you never know when you will want or need something to eat. Even better are the healthy ones. Either that’s a banana // any another fruit of your choice, or a granola bar, you will definitely thank yourself for having one when you’ll desperately turn your handbag upside down in the need for something to calm down your hunger symfony.
What are your essentials? X